Friday, September 22, 2006

Found the courage to read Christi's site

Yes, tonight I finally built up the courage to read Christi Thomas’s website. I knew she had passed but I couldn’t bring myself to read her journal. I had been following Christi’s journal since before I left Australia and in the world of Neuroblastoma, Christi was very well known. I had the opportunity to meet Christi and her mom only once, but she was very close to my heart. We have lost a lot of Neuroblastoma warriors of late and I have been trying to distance myself a little because it rips out my heart. I only got through a few lines of Christi’s journal and burst into tears, closing the page. In saying this I hold onto hope, because as cancer parents that is all we have. If you give up hope, then the fight is over and I am not about to do that. I have to keep in mind that there are a lot of Neuroblastoma survivors, they are out there, and there are also a lot who never ventured into the website world. I pray that her family can find the strength to get through this time, Christi Thomas was an inspiration to us all.