Thursday, December 1, 2005

Something I never anticipated

We had a great evening watching the tree lighting ceremony last night. A huge thank you to Jim and NBC for the wonderful experience. It’s officially Christmas here in New York, the decorations on the stores are great and they are selling Christmas trees in the streets. We went into clinic this morning for tests and Dylan’s electrolytes are great and his counts are on the way up. Not much planned for the weekend, except for the Team Continuum party on Saturday night, which many of our friends from Ronald McDonald House will join us at. Tim and Cain are coming in 17 days, we are so excited and very anxious. I just saw the photos from Cain’s end of year school concert and it looks like he has changed even since I last saw him 3 and a half months ago.

Throughout this whole fund raising experience it is unfortunate to say that sometimes people send me awful and hurtful emails. I guess it is part of all the publicity, that people get their facts wrong and don’t take the time to stop and think about what they are writing and what it would be like for them if they were in this position. It really is hard to believe that I get hate mail from time to time, making accusations and saying I am a bad mother. I spoke with a few other families who have been fund raising publicly for their children to get treatment for Neuroblastoma about it, and they have told me that they too get awful emails regularly. It is something I never anticipated but something I guess I just have to deal with, it’s just another stress to add to my list!