Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Another day in Paradise!

The weather here is very cold and we have had a great deal of snow. Today there is a storm expected of sleet and frozen rain, which is even worse than snow to travel in on foot. Today is hospital day, so Dylan and I were up early and waiting for the bus again. The first bus was too full for us to get on, which is not an unusual thing for this particular bus line, so we patiently waited for the next one. When the next one arrived it was crowded but we were able to squeeze on and make our way towards the back. At the next few bus stops people were getting that New York attitude on, and yelling at each other to move down and turn sideways. One man, by us, who was very busy on his ipad, started arguing back and forth with a man at the front of the bus who was being very rude and obnoxious. The man by us told the man at the front to ask people nicely instead of being so rude, in the end the man by me, said "Hey, I am trying to deal with a 3 year old with a brain tumor" I turned around and said "High Five, I have a kid with cancer too!" He high five'd me back and said "now that really does put bus seats in perspective doesn't it!" Then people started offering Dylan a seat, but he politely said he was ok and didn't take up the offers. People started to ask his age and got sad looks in their eyes. I hope that everyone on that bus had a wake up call this morning, learning about how much worse their lives could be. There was Dylan pushed up against the back door of a crowded bus and struggling with leg pain, but he didn't complain, he just was getting on with his day and getting to hospital for treatment.

Well we are at the hospital now, so I am going to sign off and engage in a board game with Dylan until his IV is put in. I was hoping the sleet and frozen rain would hold off until this evening but I see through the window that it has already started, oh we gonna have a fun time getting home today!