Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Museum

Today we ventured out to the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art on 5th Avenue. Dylan actually enjoyed it much more than I thought he would. The Egyptian display was fantastic and the boys loved it, at least my brother saw a bit of Egypt - which was his original planned vacation. Dylan made a wish today by throwing a penny in the water amongst the museum displays (See photo) I asked what his wish was and he said "You know mum, what I always wish for" I said "to get better?" and Dylan said "Yes, then I can be with Cain again". I then threw in a dime and wished for the same thing, as the tears welled up in my eyes. There are only 3 more days left for Rick and Odin to explore New York now. Tomorrow we will see the Museum of Natural History which has a dinosaur display and Dylan wants to go to the planetarium again, thankfully the hospital has given us free passes. Thursday we will try and see China town and little Italy and Friday after hospital we might go to Staten Island on the free ferry, this way Rick and Odin should get a good view of the Statue of Liberty for photos. I forgot to mention that Dylan’s weight at clinic yesterday was 18.9kg, that’s now his highest weight ever! Please pray for our little friend Carter who is a relapsed Neuroblastoma warrior. Unfortunately his latest scan results show that his disease has increased and progressed to several areas in his bones. Carter will return to his home state for chemotherapy again, and may return to MSKCC for MIBG or Vaccine treatment in the future. Carter’s mom Rhonda is wonderful, she has shown me warm friendship and gives me great cuddles.