Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Health departement looking at funding application - $158,204.14 raised so far

Today Dylan is a bit tired but apart from that he is in good spirits. I have been told that our application has been reviewed all day, but a few more people need to be contacted by the Health Department before the final decision is made. I am so anxious and most likely will not sleep tonight. We still need the donations to continue rolling in, just in case. If the case is not approved, then it will be a race against time between raising the funds before the cancer takes Dylan. The Herald Sun took more photos of Dylan today, and a follow up story will be published in the next few days, so keep an eye out for it. I have not heard back from the current affairs programmes that contacted me today, so I am not sure what is happening there. New Idea magazine will run the story hopefully in the next few weeks. I also had another update on the Sydney radio station tonight, a big thank you to 2GB for their help so far. This whole media and Government thing is so draining. If all goes to plan, then I anticipate leaving Australia for the first time in my life, leaving my husband of 14 years and my 10 year old son behind, and then I have to find the strength to deal with the treatment that Dylan will soon undergo. I know that I am doing the right thing, I must give my son the only chance he has left for survival, I cannot and will not sit at home and watch him die.

I am overwhelmed by the support I am receiving from the public, both in Australia and overseas. I just burst into tears every time I view the guestbook and see all those loving messages that people have left. During this stressful time, I am unable to reply to all those who leave a message, but when things settle down a bit, I intend to thank all of you personally via email. Our Fund balance total for today is $158,204.14
An enormous effort, thank you to everybody who has helped us achieve this amount so far. Our goal for funds is $460,000 ($350,000 US)

For those who are visiting Dylan’s site for the first time, feel free to click on the link below to “read journal history”. This will provide you with the story from the start until now. The “view photos” link has pictures of Dylan before and after diagnosis, and of course feel free to sign the guestbook.