Saturday, October 23, 2004

Today is a good day

Thanks again to everyone for you support through signing our guestbook. It puts a smile on Dylan’s face every time I tell him more people signed. He was especially excited that his teacher, Miss White had visited his web site. Today was a good day. Dylan has not complained of any pain or discomfort from yesterday’s incident. He begged us to take him to mini golf today, which we did. He had a wonderful time, with no injuries!!! Thank goodness. I was concerned though because there was a little boy there with a shocking cold. I then realized that any sick child may have touched the golf club Dylan was playing with. Arrrgh, I am so paranoid of Dylan getting sick while his immune system is compromised by the Chemo. The thought really freaks me out, but at the same time I know he still needs to be a little boy and do little boy things. All I can do is try my best and only go to places that are not too crowded and make sure he washes his hands a lot. He wanted to go to the drive in tonight but it is raining, so maybe tomorrow night.

Please take the time to visit Donna’s new site and sign her guest book. Donna is a wonderful 14 year old girl who is fighting bone cancer. She is regularly in hospital with Dylan and we have made great friends. www.caringbridge.org/ok/donna