Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hospital

Dylan is doing ok, he was admitted Monday night with Fever of 104.7 and put on I.V Vancomycin and Cephtrixone antibiotics. Blood cultures were also taken. It seems he has a sore throat so it’s likely to be a virus, but they must hit him with antibiotics just in case it’s a line infection. The doctors could not see anything wrong with his throat, it does not even look red, but Dylan is screaming in pain with it, to the point of them administering Dilodid for it. The fever comes and goes and controlled by Tylenol. When he is awake he is happy and himself though, so I am not overly concerned. He just wants me to lay beside him and cuddle him like crazy most of the time. They have put him on vitamin K as his PT results showed it was high…something to do with coagulation. This may be caused by the Thalidamide, but I am waiting to see the doctors to ask more about this. I assume he will be kept in the hospital until his fever has subsided for more than 24 hours and as long as the blood cultures continue to come back negative. As for Jennie, she is on the operating table as I type this, I will go and see her soon. Thank goodness the hospitals are opposite each other! The RMDH have two new vans (well buses) they are great, they are similar to the Access-a-ride buses. They even have a wheelchair lift at the back! They have called them the “Hope Mobile” and are painted white with the new RMDH logo on them, they look fantastic. Anyway, was just at the RMDH to have a shower while Tim is with Dylan, I must get back.