Thursday, November 10, 2005

7 years old today

7 years old today! I will update later on how the day goes, it’s technically Dylan’s birthday now, but it is just past midnight and he is sleeping. I have laid out all his wonderful presents and cards that people have sent to him from all over the world, so that when he gets up he can open them all. Thank you so much, your generosity is amazing and you have all made Dylan’s birthday a very special one. Dylan is doing well and the doctor even gave us the morning off tomorrow to allow Dylan time to open his gifts and enjoy the morning, we will go to clinic for chemo after lunch and hopefully be back at the Ronald McDonald House by the afternoon. I received a photo of the whole family posing in the backyard and holding up a sign saying happy birthday to Dylan. All the aunts, uncles and cousins were there too. When I saw it I just cried, it tore at my heart, seeing them all standing there, it brought back so many memories of all the family gatherings we use to attend throughout the year. I have it up on the mirror in the room for Dylan and I to look at daily.
Our friend Nick had some great news yesterday, his bone marrow results showed great improvement so he is able to have the scheduled surgery on Monday. Nick is new to the world of Neuroblastoma, and at age 15 it is very scary. He is so brave though, every time I see him, he has a smile on his face and takes it all so well.

We had fantastic news yesterday, the bank has agreed to allow us to pay half our mortgage repayments for the next 12 months, so we don’t have to sell, YIPPEE! What a load off our shoulders. Tim is so relieved, he was stressing really badly about finding somewhere else to live and packing up everything. So at least that part of our life is sorted out. I can’t believe it, I am so thankful to the bank.

More good news, remember our friend Donna who has bone cancer, well Team Continuum have booked her a flight to New York on the 23rd November. She will stay with Dylan and I until the 14th December. Unfortunately her website seems to have totally disappeared, she is unsure what happened to it.

It’s like all the leaves have fallen off the trees overnight, the streets are littered with multicolored leaves. Winter is well and truly on it’s way, the weather is really getting cold in New York now.